5 Reasons Why You Should Volunteer
How did it make you feel the last time you volunteered your time to an important cause? We all lead busy lives; maybe the thought of volunteering seems overwhelming. Most of the time, we think about the how volunteer impacts others, we don’t stop to consider how it impacts us.
1. It is beneficial to one’s self. By volunteering, it allows you to improve your health and well-being.
2. It gives you a sense of self-worth. Volunteering allows you to do something for others that need your help. Without you, they wouldn't receive the outcome. It can also reduce stress and boost your immune system.
3. It can help you make new friends. It gives you a chance to increase your circle and have more social interactions with others. Who knows who you will meet!
4. It gives you the chance to make a difference for others in your community. It creates bonds with individuals that share the same passion as yourself.
5. It is fun! Making a difference is both beneficial to the receiver and the giver. It is something to look forward to and brings you happiness.
Volunteering has many benefits, so volunteer your time today! It could be one day a week, an hour a month, or a one-time event. You’re sure to be rewarded with a sense of purpose, compassion and joy.
To become a volunteer with Hospice Care of South Carolina, please fill out our volunteer application here: http://www.hospicecare.net/volunteer-application.